As our community and world continues to do what we can to contain the virus, Maple Tree Wellness will continue to offer most sessions via telehealth. Currently, sessions are being offered both over telehealth and in-person. Masks are required for in-person sessions. Please speak with your therapist to determine the best plan for your appointment.
MTW continues to offer many appointments via a secure video-conferencing portal. You should receive an automatic email prior to our session with a link to the portal. If you plan to use your phone for the session you may be prompted to download the Simple Practice App for telehealth sessions.
What we are doing:
- Maple Tree Wellness will continue to offer online “telehealth” appointments through Simple Practice, Doxy, or Zoom (HIPAA compliant and secure portals).
- Preparing for in-person sessions: In order to reduce the spread of the virus, MTW is taking the following precautions:
- MTW is using two medical grade HEPA filters and Lauren is fully vaccinated.
- MTW has increased frequency of cleaning / sanitizing the office and therapy materials (toys, etc) between sessions.
- Masks are encouraged in all common areas of the building (hallways, waiting areas, etc.) Once we are together in the therapy office we will discuss vaccine status and decide if masks should be worn throughout the duration of the session.
- All unvaccinated clients will be asked to wear their mask throughout the session. If this is of concern we can utilize telehealth sessions.
- If you, your child, or any member of your household is showing any signs of respiratory illness (fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, etc.) please contact your therapist and plan to meet via telehealth.
- Preparing for online sessions:
- Our time together will feel much like our regular in-person meetings.
- You will need a phone or laptop with an internet connection.
- Please arrange to be in a quiet, private area. If you are an adult that may mean we “meet” in your home or car. Earbuds often help with sound and privacy issues, as does a fan or noise machine placed outside of the room you are in.
- If the session is planned to include a young child, you may need to help position your phone or laptop so that the child and I can see each other for at least part of the session and provide a few toys / art supplies to make the best use of our time and play together. Ideas include paper/markers/crayons, a few stuffed animals or puppets, a fidget or playdoh/putty, and a few other toys that your child enjoys. I'll have some toys on my end as well.
- If the session is planned to include a school aged child or adolescent, please consider how your child will be offered privacy within your home for some or all of the session and provide a few art supplies and/or fidget toys for your child to use during the session.
- Please know that the current literature and evidence shows that online counseling sessions have the same efficacy as in-person sessions for children and adults. It may feel a little funny at first, but you will adjust.
Lauren Gourley, LCSW ~ 608-466-6411 ~ Maple Tree Wellness, LLC